[lfs-dev] SEARCH output in chroot 6.10 (Adjusting the Toolchain)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 3 18:04:27 PST 2015

 On 24th Jan, on -chat, somebody called C A queried this -

Quoting from
http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-chat/2015-January/028737.html

> So, when adjusting a toolchain after compiling dummy.c as part of
> testing, when running:
>
> grep 'SEARCH.*/usr/lib' dummy.log |sed 's|; |\n|g'
>
> the result is:
>
> SEARCH_DIR("=/tools/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib64")
> SEARCH_DIR("/usr/lib")
> SEARCH_DIR("/lib")
> SEARCH_DIR("=/tools/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib");
>
> but the book says it should be:
>
> SEARCH_DIR("/usr/lib")
> SEARCH_DIR("/lib");
>
> and the further statement in the book is:
> > If the output does not appear as shown above or is not received at
> > all, then something is seriously wrong. Investigate and retrace
> > the
> > steps to find out where the problem is and correct it.

 In my own scripts, I normally just grep for the values I expect to
find, but this time I've logged the full results and it looks to me
as if the results are indeed as shown above (on x86_64, obviously -
i686 would only have one /tools/*linux*/lib entry).

 So, what am I missing ?  In general, people do not complain that
their output at this point does not match (i.e. exceeds) what the
book suggests.

ĸen