[lfs-dev] grub-2.02~beta2

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Sat Sep 27 17:34:45 PDT 2014

On 09/27/2014 06:59 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Dan McGhee wrote:

>>> Pre-releases for GNU packages are available from alpha.gnu.org:
>>>
>>> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/
>
>> I looked. There it was. That's great info, Armin. Thanks.
>
> I've asked on the grub-dev mailing list. No answers yet though.
>
> Note that we have a ticket for it already. The "beta" has been there
> since December 2013. They don't seem to be into stable releases
That's interesting. I wonder what they want to accomplish. The guy I
talked to on the grub-help list called it a stable release. Interesting.

During my research I learned that arch, debian, ubuntu and gentoo are
all using 2.02-beta2. I think *opensuse* is also. I know we don't do
things just because other distros do, but this package seems to be
widely accepted and from what I saw in ARCH's PKGBUILD, it's not
modified in any way except for stuff specific to ARCH.

I didn't know it until today, but I've been using it in the Ubuntu side
of my box.
Dan