[lfs-dev] Thoughts about LFS and systemd

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Thu Mar 27 15:36:34 PDT 2014

	.

> I understand your concerns, but the development branch is for, well,
> development.  If what goes there needs to be reverted, that's not a
> problem.  [...]

Yes, and 'experimental' branches are often best for such degree/extent
of experiment.

Maybe I'm just so used to git - where e.g. branches are so 'inexpensive' -
that it seems an absolute no-brainer that work of this type would be done
on a separate branch.

And in any event, you're still aiming at adding an "ifs'n'buts" layer to
the lfs-main book - the type of thing that has been argued against many
many times.

I do think that the idea is of interest: but it's really a candidate for
a separate branch/project.

rgds,

akh