[lfs-dev] Proposal: Firmware instructions

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Mar 14 19:33:29 PDT 2014

On Mar 14, 2014, at 9:09 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:

> At least one of my nics wants the firmware (I've seen error
> messages when booting without it), but it seemed to work fine
> without it!  I suspect it maybe had an old version.
>
> ĸen
I have an old Pentium 3 system with a Tyan Thunder LE board and it has
dual e100 devices.

Both devices require d101m_ucode.bin.

Still works after a decade. Sure it'll work fine without the firmware,
but it works better with it.

A lot of devices will seem to work fine without the firmware, but they
will work better with it.

Sincerely,

William Harrington