[lfs-dev] LFS-7.5: Distrowatch mix-up re sysd/non-sysd.

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Tue Mar 4 01:56:36 PST 2014

> Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 01:30:15 +0100
> From: "Armin K." <krejzi at email.com>
> Subject: Re: [lfs-dev] LFS-7.5: Distrowatch mix-up re sysd/non-sysd.

> > 	.
> > 	.
>
> I rather think that's a typo. If you click on the headline, it will take
> you to the original announcement of LFS. The only difference between the
> original one on the front page and the one in weekly is that my name is
> being used instead of Bruce's. Everything else is the same in both of them.

 ( - yes, I did see both contents and where they link to, first time
 around. And I rather think it's a misapprehension at distrowatch, rather
 than just a typo: by whatever mechanism they've conflated the two separate
 announcements.)

 - two basic principles (that I thought were implicitly obvious and so
 didn't mention them explicitly thus far):
----
* two or more announcements by an organisation/body on the same thing that
are from/attributed-to two+ different sources, can make the organisation/body
look bad.

* you normally want to promote/market/announce your 'product' properly.
----
I'd expected/thought that you/Bruce/whomever might want to notify distrowatch
as appropriate. (Sure, one doesn't chase around the internet tilting at
windmills; but for at least some sites it can be worth it.)

hth,
akh