[lfs-dev] LFS-7.5 5.6. Linux-3.13.3 API Headers

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sun Mar 2 07:13:04 PST 2014

On Mar 2, 2014, at 8:22 AM, thomas wrote:

> If I remember right, at least in previous versions of the kernel
> sources
> the target directory had been cleared before the headers were written.
> That would be no good for the /tools/include dir but meaningless for
> the
> newly created "dest" dir. So when first installing to a dummy-dir and
> than copy over, no loss of files happens.

Seeing how the kernel headers are installed after gcc pass1 and
binutils pass1 in ch5, then that is a problem since /tools/include is
populated. If you install the kernel headers right at the beginning,
then it wouldn't be a problem as /tools/include wouldn't exist at that
time.

Final system kernel headers install wouldn't be  a problem as /usr/
include isn't populated.

Sincerely,

William Harrington