[lfs-dev] Are we ready for LFS-7.5?

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Sat Mar 1 17:22:26 PST 2014

	.

> > I've just started sendmail.  Actually I'm most interested in getting the
> > slackware issue settled for LFS.  That's our only holdup for release.
> >
> >     -- Bruce
>
> Why should we care when it's a distribution issue? Every "sane" distro
> works just fine except slackware. So let them fix it instead of us.

The real core of the issue is how gcc is looking for mpfr/mpc/gmp .

The lfs build approach for gcc is actually 'advised against' by at least
part of upstream: so maybe that needs reviewed, likely post-7.5 (cf also
Pierre's posts from earlier on Sat 1st); and gcc upstream could - _if_
they were at all like you - take a 'let LFS fix it' approach on any gcc
issues ("don't bug us unless you fix your build approach", etc).

rgds,
akh