[lfs-dev] Patches for iana-etc-2.30

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Jan 31 09:23:49 PST 2014

On Jan 29, 2014, at 2:28 AM, Michael Uleysky wrote:

> I suggest two patches for the iana-etc, which solves the problem of
> data updates from the IANA site. The first patch is from LinHES
> project and can be found here: http://linhes.org/projects/linhes/repository/revisions/master/entry/abs/core/iana-etc/newer.patch
> I added second patch to place short protocols and services
> descriptions in output files.
> Data update must be done by command
> make get
> before make and make install.

In CLFS we give the user the option to either download the data (which
requires /etc/resolv.conf to be setup in chroot and networking
available and configured from the host or during the boot method) or
use a patch which fixes the issue.

Since the problem is that the IANA site likes to change things quite
common, the patch is usually preferred.

http://cross-lfs.org/view/svn/x86/final-system/iana-etc.html

Sincerely,

William Harrington