[lfs-dev] [lfs-book] r10440 - in trunk/BOOK: . chapter01 chapter06

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Wed Jan 22 06:40:52 PST 2014

Reading the new instructions, it seems to me that in case /dev/shm is
not a link, and /dev is not a tmpfs (could be the case on old or custom
distros), then $LFS/dev/shm is a disk directory, instead of a tmpfs.

Of course, it is possible that right now, nothing in LFS uses /dev/shm,
but who knowswhat may happen later?

I suggest changing the last instructions on the "6.2. Preparing Virtual
KernelFile Systems" to:

if [ -h $LFS/dev/shm ]; then
   mkdir -pv $LFS/$(readlink $LFS/dev/shm)
else