[lfs-dev] inetutils

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 13:01:38 PST 2014

We removed inetutils from BLFS some time ago.  I have been looking at
the new inetutils for LFS and note that it installs ifconfig if not
disabled (we do disable it).  The other place for ifconfig is net-tools
and that package seems to be unmaintained (We install CVS_20101030 in BLFS).

We can install ifconfig in LFS in inetutils by adding one line:

#define PATH_PROCNET_DEV "/proc/net/dev" to ifconfig/system/linux.c.

I'm inclined to do this because the output format of ifconfig is useful
and it makes the version of ifconfig the maintained instance.

Thoughts?

   -- Bruce