[lfs-dev] systemd problem with libcap-2.23

John Burrell john_burrell at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 3 11:47:06 PST 2014

I'm building the systemd version of LFS

When I configure systemd-208 with libcap-2.23 I get:

checking sys/capability.h usability... no
checking sys/capability.h presence... no
checking for sys/capability.h... no
configure: error: *** POSIX caps headers not found

The file /usr/include/sys/capability.h is in place.

If I install libcap-2.22 the problem goes away.

The two sys/capability.h files appear to be the same.
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libcap.pc looks the same as well.

Which libcap file is systemd looking for and not finding?

jb.