[lfs-dev] LFS Chapter 7

Sebastian Plotz sebastian-plotz at web.de
Tue Apr 22 11:50:29 PDT 2014

Am 21.04.2014 23:46, schrieb Bruce Dubbs:
> I have reorganized and rewritten Chapter 7.  I'd appreciate feedback.
> Thanks.
>
>     -- Bruce

It looks really good. I have only three minor things to mention:

1)

Unfortunately some (in my opinion) interesting documentation got lost:

- |description of /etc/init.d/mountvirtfs|
- description of |/etc/rc.d/init.d/udev (it triggers coldplug, |unsets
the uevent handler from the default of |/sbin/hotplug)
- the configfile |/etc/sysconfig/udev_retry is not mentioned anymore
(associated with the *udevadm info --attribute-walk <device> command)

Would it be meaningful to include this documentation again somewhere?

2)

The is a typo in paragraph "7.5.2. Configuring the Network Interface
Card at boot (systemd)":

configuartion --> configuration

3)

It may should be mentioned that it is necessary to run "systemctl
disable ifupdown at eth0" before the procedure described under "7.5.3.
Configuring the Network Interface Card for systemd-networkd" can be used.