[lfs-dev] Update to docbook stylesheets

Matt Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 9 11:54:28 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-09 at 11:25 -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Matt Burgess wrote:

> >> I'm sorry, but what was the advantage to do that?
> >
> > It will help with #3035 (creating an ePub version of the book) as well
> > as generally in-keeping with the spirit of LFS by using the latest
> > available version of upstream projects.

> >> Yes, it's terrible.  I think we should have discussed this before the
> >> commit.  The commit, BTW was over 12M.  That will be deleted from mailman.
> >
> > Fair enough; I can revert it if you want.
>
> No, it's the development version and we have until March to get it
> fixed.

That was my feeling as well.

>   I took a look last night and I think the file that needs to be
> fixed is stylesheets/lfs-xsl/xhtml/lfs-index.xsl,

Indeed.

>   It will take some
> research to get it fixed though.  My xsl is pretty shaky too.

Well, I've made some progress already, just by copying and pasting the
original xsl:template from the upstream autoidx.xsl file.  I'm now
working on adjusting it to match the current formatting.  Hopefully I'll
have something ready in no more than a couple of evenings.

Regards,

Matt Burgess