[lfs-dev] Raspberry Pi

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri May 31 18:20:40 PDT 2013

On May 31, 2013, at 6:33 PM, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:

>> From what I've heard - it's an ARM board. LFS only supports
>> x86/x86_64 and it doesn't support cross-compiling.

You can build for powerpc using current LFS build system and adjusting
some things, such as LFS_TGT. MIPS takes a lot of work, and it isn't
straight forward and requires lots of patches. ARM, isn't so much work
once you figure out the target triplet. There are lots of target
triplets for ARM. It isn't as easy with x86, x86_64, sparc, sparc64,
powerpc, or powerpc64 when using {C,}LFS, but there are knowledgeable
folks who build for ARM a lot and are at the CLFS and LFS mailing lists.

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington