[lfs-dev] Raspberry Pi

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri May 31 15:27:35 PDT 2013

I recently got a Raspberry Pi and have been playing around with it a
bit.  The Debian distro that came with the package seems pretty normal.
  It uses sysvinit for booting, but the root filesystem is an sd card
that is /dev/mmcblk0.

There is a lot of stuff on the web about the Pi.  For example
http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi_Quick_Install_Guide

What I'd want to do is to build LFS inside a qemu virtual machine and
copy it to an sd card for testing/use.  Once a Pi is up with networking,
I'd think we might be able to BLFS apps in a virtual environment and
install onto the Pi over a nework connect.

Is there any interest in LFS for the Pi?

   -- Bruce