[lfs-dev] util-linux regression tests

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed May 29 10:25:18 PDT 2013

util-linux now has a test suite.  In chroot, 'make check' fails because
it is running as root.
If I run as a non-root user, the tests pass, but many are skipped.

The actual command beeing run in the Makefile is:

tests/run.sh --srcdir=$(abs_top_srcdir) --builddir=$(abs_top_builddir)
--nonroot

If I remove --nonroot,  the tests can be run as root, but I get a lot of
failures because it can't find the scsi_debug module so it is kernel
dependent.  The tests also hang after a while for me.

I'm looking for someone to verify so we can come up with the best
approach for the book.

   -- Bruce