[lfs-dev] New package errors

Matt Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 27 11:02:37 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-27 at 11:47 -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I've been working on updating perl, automake, kernel, gmp, and procps.
>
> Adding the new packages creates a couple of new errors during the make
> check process.
>
> 090-coreutils:FAIL: tests/df/skip-rootfs.sh

I've not seen that one fail, but there is a failure I see fairly
regularly in among the gnulib tests.  When I started looking into it, it
turned out to be known upstream and a set of patches had been applied to
try and fix the race conditions that were causing it.

> -------
> 103-automake:FAIL: t/primary-prefix-invalid-couples.tap 280 - ... and
> with the same diagnostic of 'automake -a'

I don't see that either.  Seeing as it's only 1 in 3000, I wouldn't
bother mentioning it.

> -------
> 124-texinfo:FAIL: test_scripts/formatting_unknown_nodes_renamed.sh
> 124-texinfo:FAIL: prove.sh
>
> These seem to be related to the perl update.

That's, erm, unfortunate :-)  Texinfo hasn't had much love upstream
recently.  I'd mention this as an expected failure (for unknown
reasons), and we can chase it upstream in the meantime.

Cheers,

Matt.