[lfs-dev] LFS suggestions--kernel config

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Fri May 24 19:22:05 PDT 2013

bt wrote:
> 3. Also from the Arch Wiki, regarding when an initramfs is not being
> used.  Most of the points are in the LFS book or Bruce's hint, but I
> couldn't find mention of support for AUTOFS4_FS or TMPFS (different
> from DEVTMPFS_MOUNT, which is mentioned). Should these be mentioned?

Hmm, yeah, TMPFS is needed for /run.  (Though since /run gets mounted by
the bootscripts, it can be a module.)

What's AUTOFS4_FS used for?  I don't *think* we specifically create any
config that needs it, but I have to admit I haven't been paying terribly
close attention to some of the recent fstab (and bootscript) changes.

Digging around Google, it *appears* to be the NFS automounter?  Why on
earth would Arch require that?  :-)