[lfs-dev] [Systemd branch] report on building lfs-systemd

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sun May 19 09:41:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

Don't know whether I should raise a ticket for the
systemd branch. For now, I make this message about my
last build (using tweaked jhalfs, which I'll commit soon, but I
need a few more tests).

I found 4 issues, the first one being easy to fix:
on the systemd page, there are configure options
            --with-kbd-loadkeys=/bin/loadkeys \
            --with-kbd-setfont=/bin/setfont \
while loadkeys and setfont are in /usr/bin (this has
been changed at rev 10255). The fix is just
to suppress those options. Also, the page
"Configuring the Linux Console" contains still
a reference to /lib/kbd as the keymap and font
directories, while they are now
/usr/share/keymaps and /usr/share/consolefonts
respectively. Last, the "latarcyrheb-sun16" font
is not found. The correct name is LatArCyrHeb-16.

The second one is that the new "lfs-network-scripts" has not installation
page in the book, and the link
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/systemd/lfs-network-scripts-20130518.tar.bz2
is broken.
Furthermore, after getting the tarball from the book directory,
and installing it, the network does not start... But there are no errors
during boot. Do not know what to do.
I could start it using the network.service file from the hint of Chris Wagner.

The third one seems minor: there is a failure during
boot, "Failed to start Recreate Volatile Files and
DIrectories", with an error "[/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf:26]
Unknown group 'lock'. "
Should we add a group 'lock'?

The fourth one is not really an issue: the kernel page has
nothing about selecting cgroups.

Regards
Pierre