[lfs-dev] util-linux issues

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Wed May 15 15:36:24 PDT 2013

----- Mail original -----

Should be a clue that developer only run tests on 64 bits actually.

> When running 'sudo tests/run.sh', there are a bunch of issues because
> scsi_debug is not in the kernel.  It also doesn't want to sync with
> 0.fedora.pool.ntp.org.  One root level test seemed to hang.

In my build system, I solved the needed kernel modules issue by copying them into the chroot before to enter the chroot.
The list of modules is 'scsi_debug crc-t10dif scsi_mod md-mod'.
I need too to create a mini modules.{alias,dep} for those modules inside the chroot.

The only limit is that kernel version name of the running kernel need to be different from the kernel version name to be build.

Anyway running util-linux test suite as root in LFS build order is not fully usable as modprobe is not yet build.
And I would not let everyone run that test suite on everyone machine due to the big warning at start test.

Copying modules inside the chroot half work for BLFS packages like mdadm or parted (but I have multiple issues in mdadm test suite and one in parted).

> Overall, the tests are fairly new.  We don't know if the errors are in
> the tests or the code.  We do need ot keep an eye on this prior to the
> next stable LFS release.
>
> > Current git tree doesn't compile in make check (lib/ttyutils.c:)
>
> Intermittent git commits aren't used in LFS.

Sure, that was just to look if all 2.23 tests failures were already fixed.

Gilles