[lfs-dev] LFS SVN and Systemd Report

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:10:43 PDT 2012

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On 5/31/12 6:17 PM, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>> It still amazes me that pkg-config requires any other external library.
>> glib1 wasn't bad since it was shipped alongside it and had no other
>> deps, fairly lightweight. But switching to glib2 was just ridiculous.
>> All that pkg-config is doing is parsing a text file and spitting out
>> results. Makes me want to look it over and rip out that dependency...
>
> Check these out:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pkgconfiglite/

Looks like it may be a good candidate.
Configures and makes in Chapter 6 environment.

./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make DESTDIR=/tmp/pkg install

gives:

./usr/bin/pkg-config
./usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4
./usr/share/doc/pkg-config/pkg-config-guide.html
./usr/share/man/man1/pkg-config.1

I like this!

> And:
>
> https://github.com/nenolod/pkgconf