[lfs-dev] LFS SVN and Systemd Report

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu May 31 15:48:47 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 04:32:22PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> >  Is it worth me testing that this does work for xorg/Mesa ?  Or are
> > you concentrating on the patches to separate it ?
>
> Not sure.  I've spent most of the day looking at configure.ac and can't
> seem to get around the need for pkg-config without unacceptable major
> surgery.  See my post to Dan.

 Yes, saw that.  I'll give this a go.

> > ĸen : still reading the 'goat' book - found my printed copy, didn't
> > know that was a goat on the cover (Dan's link to autobook at redhat)
>
> My paper copy says First Edition, October 2000.  I always found it a
> difficult read.  It's probably just takes a while to get your head
> around M4.  The only time I really used M4 was in a compiler course I
> took somewhere around 1987.

 Yes, mine too is from that printing, and I think I was disinclined
to look at the details too closely after I realised it was already
partly out of date whenever it was I bought it.  *now* I can
appreciate some of it, such as needing to bless the shared libraries
with 'libtool --finish /usr/lib' if you install them to a DESTDIR
(probably just runs ldconfig).  But I still associate blessing with
running ybin for apple (ppc) boot partitions :)

ĸen