[lfs-dev] LFS SVN and Systemd Report

Andrew Benton andy at benton.eu.com
Thu May 31 15:31:49 PDT 2012

On Thu, 31 May 2012 23:03:17 +0100
<sjml at slohj.org> wrote:

> I've created a patch to systemd-183/{Makefile.am,configure.ac}.
>
> No dbus, pam, tcp-wrappers.  Only kmod and blkid needed.
>
> It strips out everything but libudev, udevadmin, and udevd ( now called
> that again), rules, helpers, and tests.
>
> libudev is in ${prefix}/lib
> udevadmin is in ${prefix}/bin
> udevd is in ${rootprefix}/sbin
> rules are in $(libexecdir)/udev/rules.d
> helpers are in $(libexecdir)/udev
>
> The persistent rules generators are still an issue.
>
> I'm on system with an old libblkid so I can't test the run, but I'm only
> getting the errors that I expect.
>
> The patch looks a little funny because of the amount that stripped out
> on Makefile.am.
>
> It also will generate a package call udev-simple-183.
>
> If LFS were to create it's own version of udev then this might be the
> solution.  No sources were touched or moved from the original systemd
> location, so syncing back will be trivial.  Makefile.am and configure.ac
> shouldn't change that often or very much.
>
> There maybe some more files that could be removed from the convience lib
> libsystemd_shared, but that requires a lot more work in chasing through
> the code.
>
> I'm just attachong the Makefil.am and configure.ac.  Their smaller than
> the patch and the context in diff is crap.

It still needs #include <sys/capability.h> removing from
src/shared/util.c but yes, this works on a system with pkgconfig
installed. On a raw LFS system autoreconf fails with:

configure.ac:123: error: *** pkg.m4 missing, please install pkg-config
configure.ac:196: error: *** pkg.m4 missing, please install pkg-config
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
root:/tmp/systemd-183#

Also, these changes have zero chance of being accepted upstream which
is the only advantage of hacking at the autofoo.

Andy