[lfs-dev] LFS SVN and Systemd Report

sjml at slohj.org sjml at slohj.org
Thu May 31 15:03:22 PDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [lfs-dev] LFS SVN and Systemd Report
From: Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2012 16:58:00 +0100
> Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Try this diff for configure.ac.
>
> It helps. I can get through configure Ok, but I can't see a way to get
> through make without dbus.

Did you try in a Chapter 6 environment? I can't get it to work without
pkg-config.

You can try the same environment. Get lfs-SVN-20120524.tar.xz from
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/systemd-udev/ and extract to an
empty partition. Mount that partition as /mnt/lfs and chroot into it as
in Chapter 6.

 -- Bruce
First why hasn't the first two times shown up on LFS-Dev?  I've been
subscribed since
before 2004.

Anyway ...

I've created a patch to systemd-183/{Makefile.am,configure.ac}.

No dbus, pam, tcp-wrappers.  Only kmod and blkid needed.

It strips out everything but libudev, udevadmin, and udevd ( now called
that again), rules, helpers, and tests.

libudev is in ${prefix}/lib
udevadmin is in ${prefix}/bin
udevd is in ${rootprefix}/sbin
rules are in $(libexecdir)/udev/rules.d
helpers are in $(libexecdir)/udev

The persistent rules generators are still an issue.

I'm on system with an old libblkid so I can't test the run, but I'm only
getting the errors that I expect.

The patch looks a little funny because of the amount that stripped out
on Makefile.am.

It also will generate a package call udev-simple-183.

If LFS were to create it's own version of udev then this might be the
solution.  No sources were touched or moved from the original systemd
location, so syncing back will be trivial.  Makefile.am and configure.ac
shouldn't change that often or very much.

There maybe some more files that could be removed from the convience lib
libsystemd_shared, but that requires a lot more work in chasing through
the code.

I'm just attachong the Makefil.am and configure.ac.  Their smaller than
the patch and the context in diff is crap.