[lfs-dev] [LFS Trac] #3098: udev/systemd 183 is out

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Wed May 30 19:56:01 PDT 2012

Ken Moffat wrote:
>  My first thought was "I wonder how he's disabled the tests for
> intltool and XML::Parser?".  You're on a completed system.

Arg, you're right of course. (I don't have a chapter-6-level system
handy to use for testing, hence my comment earlier about missing some of
the required dependencies.) :-(

> 1. for intltool:
>
> cat >/tools/bin/intltool-update << "EOF"
> #!/bin/sh
> # simulate intltool-update for systemd configure
> echo 0.40.0
> EOF
> chmod +x /tools/bin/intltool-update
> ln /tools/bin/intltool-{update,extract}
> ln /tools/bin/intltool-{update,merge}

Looks fine.  We can rip that out after installing udev, as well.

> 2. for XML::Parser, hack line 12566 of configure:
>
> sed -i 's/"x" != "xno-xml"/"xno-xml" != "xno-xml"/' configure

That's ... well, that works, though it's slightly weird. (Less so than
the change above though, I think.)

Might also work to just rip out the IT_PROG_INTLTOOL line in
configure.ac and rerun autoconf? That generates both of these.

> 3. for gperf, build on the intltool hack:
>
> ln /tools/bin/{intltool-update,gperf}

For gperf, it'd work to stuff "ac_cv_prog_GPERF=/bin/false" into a
config.cache file, and pass --cache=config.cache to configure. It checks
the cache before trying to find the program. As long as it's not set to
an empty string, the configure checks will be happy. :-)

(Though my system obviously has gperf too. :-/)

This might work the same way you're doing libcap, below; then we don't
need the cache file. (Though we do something similar to the cache file
for glibc -- or we used to, anyway. Not sure anymore.)

> 4. for libcap (libcap2 in debian/BLFS-speak):
>
> 4.1 ac_cv_search_cap_init=yes
>
>  I put that ahead of the DBUS_ variables, maybe after would look
> better.
>
>  NB =no is treated as failing

Arg, there's no way to override ac_fn_c_try_link, or get its return from
cache. :-(

>  After configuring, remove the bogosity of CAP_LIBS = yes :
>
> sed -i 's/\(CAP_LIBS = \)yes/\1/' Makefile

Or override CAP_LIBS="" when running make.