[lfs-dev] LFS SVN and Systemd Report

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed May 30 14:06:55 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:42:41PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
> I rebooted and udev from systemd seems to work with the patch.  I
> updated the patch (same location, timestamp 29-May-2012 22:28) because I
> forgot to create /lib/udev/devices/{null,pts}.   The latest patch now
> has that, but the mountvirtfs boot script needs to be updated.
>
> Otherwise I think the patch is good.  If someone (Matt?) can test and
> confirm that it works,  I'll put it in the book.
>
>    -- Bruce

 My test results:

 I used previous bootscripts, so /dev/pts does not exist.  I assume
this is what you've fixed in your local mountvirtfs.  Putting pts in
/lib/udev/devices seems redundant now that it isn't copied.

 The good: My disk and cd/dvd drive showed up (not sure if the
cd/dvd is down to my own rule which just links to sr0 for this box,
or to the standard rules - doesn't matter).  My own rules for usb
sticks, camera attached to usb, and usb printer (/dev/usb/lp0) all
work fine.

 The bad: I cannot compile xf86-input-evdev, it needs libudev.pc or
flags pointing it to libudev.  For me, this is a showstopper.

 I'll take a look at Dan's suggestion for my next step.

ĸen