[lfs-dev] [LFS Trac] #3098: udev/systemd 183 is out

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed May 30 08:38:09 PDT 2012


On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:32:29PM -0700, Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> > Upgrading kmod now; will see what I hit next.  This might just work; 
> > let's see.  :-)
> 
> Got it to compile all the binaries (I think) we need, by removing a
> couple of totally unnecessary dependencies from libsystemd-label.  :-)
> 
> Reformatting ./configure so the flags look closer to the book:
> 
> DBUS_CFLAGS=" " \
> DBUS_LIBS=" " \
> BLKID_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/blkid" \
> BLKID_LIBS="-L/lib64 -lblkid" \
> KMOD_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include" \
> KMOD_LIBS="-L/lib64 -lkmod" \
> ./configure --prefix=/usr \
>             --with-rootprefix='' \
>             --bindir=/sbin \
>             --sysconfdir=/etc \
>             --libexecdir=/lib \
>             --libdir=/lib64 \
>             --disable-introspection \
>             --disable-keymap \
>             --disable-gudev \
>             --with-usb-ids-path=no \
>             --with-pci-ids-path=no \
>             --disable-acl \
>             --disable-tcpwrap \
>             --disable-hostnamed \
>             --disable-timedated \
>             --disable-localed \
>             --disable-coredump \
>             --disable-audit \
>             --disable-ima \
>             --disable-pam \
>             --with-dbuspolicydir= \
>             --with-dbussessionservicedir= \
>             --with-dbussystemservicedir= \
>             --with-dbusinterfacedir= \
>             --with-pamlibdir=
> 
 My first thought was "I wonder how he's disabled the tests for
intltool and XML::Parser?".  You're on a completed system.

 I'll repeat what I did yesterday to get it to configure:

1. for intltool:

cat >/tools/bin/intltool-update << "EOF"
#!/bin/sh
# simulate intltool-update for systemd configure
echo 0.40.0
EOF
chmod +x /tools/bin/intltool-update
ln /tools/bin/intltool-{update,extract}
ln /tools/bin/intltool-{update,merge}

2. for XML::Parser, hack line 12566 of configure:

sed -i 's/"x" != "xno-xml"/"xno-xml" != "xno-xml"/' configure

(at this stage I'm trying to be straightforward and clear in the
sed)

3. for gperf, build on the intltool hack:

ln /tools/bin/{intltool-update,gperf}

4. for libcap (libcap2 in debian/BLFS-speak):

4.1 ac_cv_search_cap_init=yes

 I put that ahead of the DBUS_ variables, maybe after would look
better.

 NB =no is treated as failing

4.2 touch /usr/include/sys/capability.h

 Will obviously need to remove that after the build - yesterday it
was included by something so I'm keeping it around for the moment.

 At this point it configures.

 After configuring, remove the bogosity of CAP_LIBS = yes :

sed -i 's/\(CAP_LIBS = \)yes/\1/' Makefile

 At this point I'll take a look at your changes to build, and do a
DESTDIR.  Then I'll have a play with Bruce's version.

ĸen
-- 
das eine Mal als Tragödie, das andere Mal als Farce



More information about the lfs-dev mailing list