[lfs-dev] [LFS Trac] #3098: udev/systemd 183 is out

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue May 29 11:05:21 PDT 2012

OK, I've been able to build udev from the systemd sources in the LFS
Chapter 6 environment.  Here is the procedure:

1.  Place make.sh and cfg.h in the top level systemd directory

2.  Comment out an unneeded header that we don't have
sed -i -e 's#^.*capability.h#//&#'  src/shared/util.c

3.  Run 'sh make.sh'.  On my system it takes 9 seconds vs the systemd
time of about 60 seconds.

The executables will be in the build directory.
I still need to create install.sh

Eventually, we can cut the book's instructions down to:

patch -Np1 -i ../systemd-183-udev_only-1.patch
sh make.sh
sh install.sh

--------

I also need to do testing, but it's looking OK for now.

Let me know if you can see some ways to improve the script.

    -- Bruce