[lfs-dev] LFS SVN and Systemd Report

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Mon May 28 19:56:44 PDT 2012

Ken Moffat wrote:
> libudev.la has installed=no - I'm not sure exactly how it gets
> installed, but we probably need to do the same because the following
> are wrapper scripts for libtool files of the same name in .libs and
> these will definitely all need to be correctly installed :
>
> accelerometer, cdrom_id, v4l_id.

If udev follows standard libtool practices, they get installed by
running the libtool script in the source tree (generated by configure),
with the flag --mode=install and with further arguments that mirror how
the library would normally be installed, i.e. "install -m755 libudev.la
/usr/lib/libudev.la" (or whatever path).  Same for the libtool-generated
wrapper scripts.

libtool is supposed to handle the dereferencing of the .la file to its
.so in .libs, copying the .so into the target directory, etc.

(Alternately, the automake-generated Makefile targets should also work,
I would expect, as in one of the other posts in this thread?  Not that I
know which targets apply offhand.)

> For the moment I won't even bother looking at how they get installed,
> that would be premature until we can see what is present when we've
> managed to build it in LFS.

True.  I might look in the next day or two as well, given what I know
about autoconf/automake, but will definitely be watching to see what
people come up with too.