[lfs-dev] resizecons : a proposal

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu May 17 15:50:33 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 03:38:00PM -0700, Qrux wrote:

> Is the rationale for kbd inclusion in LFS (as opposed to BLFS) the fact that there are international users who don't have US keyboards?

 Even for insular Americans, it lets you setfont, so you can use a
style and size of console font which matches your preferences (as
distinct from using whatever your BIOS, or the kernel (for
framebuffers - but everyone loves penguins, don't they ?) offers.

 But yes, I suggest that most people here don't have US keyboards.
If we were all American, we'd probably still use ASCII.

ĸen