[lfs-dev] resizecons not installed by kbd

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu May 10 16:58:44 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:45:04AM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  A very old document at
> http://luv.asn.au/overheads/virtualconsoles.html#fonts
> suggests that the command 'restoretextmode -w COLSxROWS' (e.g.
> 132xSomething) is needed to create these files, but I don't have
> such a command.

 Apparently, it was part of svgalib. -patches has a patch for 1.9.25
from Randy, with the comment

Patches build breakage, toolchain updates, and some enhancements
I am not sure why anyone would even use this old library, however

 So I'm becoming less convinced that we shoul do anything, except,
for the moment, mark resizecons as something like 'i?86' only.

ĸen