[lfs-dev] Suggestion

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at lightcubesolutions.com
Wed May 9 13:43:38 PDT 2012

On 5/9/12 4:38 PM, Matt Burgess wrote:
> The only concern I would have is whether or not the use of busybox will
> alter the results of any configure scripts.  Assuming testing shows it
> doesn't, then I've no objections at all to a mockup with a view to
> getting this merged relatively quickly.

Yes, we would want to run some tests to make sure the effect on chapter
6 is marginal at most - after all, for example, busybox's awk != gawk,
and the shell is not bash (although they claim to have some bash
compatible extensions). However, I've already been experimenting with
busybox in other places and I think it should do just fine for our
chapter 5 needs.

JH