[lfs-dev] Rename sources?

Andrew Benton andy at benton.eu.com
Fri May 4 03:45:35 PDT 2012

Hello All,

There's a rather ill natured thread on LFS Support at the moment called
Chapter 5 questions. Scott Robertson has made an interesting point:

On Fri, 04 May 2012 11:35:32 +0100
Scott Robertson <scottrobertson33 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  But do you not see from a newcomers
> perspective that you seem to use "source directory" in more ways than one?
>
> $LFS/sources and (for example) $LFS/sources/binutils-x.x could BOTH be referred to as "source directories".
>
> And when you say to build (again for example) the binutils-build directory OUTSIDE of the source directory,
> that can have more than one meaning.  It could mean to build it outside of the $LFS/sources directory
> OR it could mean to build it outside of the $LFS/sources/binutils-x.x SOURCE directory,

I think it's a good point and it would help some people who are new to
the book if we renamed the sources folder "materials" or "resources" or
"packages" or something.

Andy