[lfs-dev] LFS 7.0 errors

Scott Robertson scottrobertson33 at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 11:50:28 PDT 2012

Here are some errors I have found in the PFS 7.0 PDF:

______________________________________

On page xvi:

"http://www.linuxhq.com/guides/LUG/guide.html"
is not a valid web address.
___________________________________

On Page 3, there is an extraneous bullet.

__________________________________

On page 21, under Iana-Etc:
the homepage link is invalid, but it should redirect.  I think it has changed to:

freecode.com/projects/iana-etc

or alternatively, it looks like you could probably direct people to:  http://sethwklein.net/iana-etc

also in that Download link, you have an extra slash in the address in between:

conglomeration//iana-etc

(although clicking on the link itself works)

On page 24, the udev "homepage" link is invalid.   Although this appears to be fixed in LFS 7.1

Page 24

Util-linux

homepage is invalid

Although there isn't really an error,
On page 17, if the permissions are too restrictive, I think you need to clarify what to do about it.  You say to remount, but I the average person might not know what that means.  What I believe you intended was to issue the command:

mount -o remount,suid,dev /dev/sd_

which seemed to do the trick.