[lfs-dev] gcc cross patch in pass1

Matt Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 11 17:19:32 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 00:11 +0000, Andrew Benton wrote:

> I get the same error if I use scripts or if I copy and paste the
> commands from the book. It is a bootstrapped build of gcc, and it fails
> during the second or third pass (notice how it's testing xgcc). Your
> output looks like the very first pass (when it's testing the host's
> gcc).

OK, the paragraph above your output stated that it "fails for me at the
first pass of gcc", hence why I tested against the first pass of GCC.
That said, I *now* notice that paragraph also states your results are
from testing JH's new build method.  Do you also see this issue in LFS'
current instructions?

Thanks,

Matt.