[lfs-dev] GlibC 2.17 / GCC 2.7.3 [git]

thorsten fly_b747 at gmx.de
Fri Dec 28 08:25:45 PST 2012

> Thanks for the info.  If gcc-4.8.0 is due out in a month, we may want
> to hold off on gcc-4.7.3 and go directly there.  I may pull a
> pre-release version to check it out.  I'd expect potential problems
> with a c -> c++ conversion.
>
>    -- Bruce

In case someone is interested, I have a working toolchain with glibc-2.17/
gcc-4.8-20121223.

The problem with the c++ is that the first gcc-compile now needs
--enable-languages=c,c++ . This leads to libstdc++ to be built, which
requires a libc to be present.

I solved the problem by doing

ln -sv /usr/lib/Scrt1.o         /tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/lib
ln -sv /usr/lib/crti.o            /tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/lib
ln -sv /usr/lib/crtn.o           /tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/lib
ln -sv /usr/lib/libc.so          /tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/lib
ln -sv /usr/lib/libpthread.so /tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/lib
ln -sv /usr/include              /tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu

befor the first gcc-build. After make I removed this again

rm -v /tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/include

to get the includes installed correctly when installing gcc.

After that everything else works as before again and after libc
is installed, the second binutils/gcc pass build against the new
libc.

I am sure, there are better solutions to the c++ problem, but this works
  for me.

thorsten