[lfs-dev] LFS SVN urrent build results

g.esp at free.fr g.esp at free.fr
Thu Dec 27 23:49:07 PST 2012

----- Mail original -----

The test try to check a feature of debugfs.
I agree that test should fail if PID is not found. But that's understandable
> > Anyway, procps should be added as a dependency of e2fsprogs,
> > and built before.
> > This should not be a problem since according to the `dependencies'
> > chapter, all procps's dependencies are built in chapter 5.
>
> I'll fix it either tonight or tomorrow.
>
>    -- Bruce

I checked using procps-ng-3.3.4 build earlier that procps-ng test suite still pass.
I just had to adjust the hack that remain on the test suite due to 'which' not build
-sed -i 's|exec which sleep|exec echo /bin/sleep|' testsuite/config/unix.exp
+sed -i 's|exec which sleep|exec echo /tools/bin/sleep|' testsuite/config/unix.exp

Anyway, it should be doable to remove ps dependency from e2fsprogs test suite.
The idea is to save the PID during execution using echo $$ >PID and later $(cat PID) instead of using ps to find the pid.
First test I made using that idea didn't work, I need more testing.

Gilles