[lfs-dev] Issue with /dev/shm on host system.

Michael E. Maher michael at maheronline.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 09:47:43 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-20 at 14:59 -0700, John Joganic wrote:
> On my Ubuntu 12 installation the only virtual file system listed in
> /etc/fstab is /proc.  Everything else is a physical volume or swap.
> That said, this install is running in a VM.  I don't recall if I
> installed it from media or downloaded it.  It seems worthwhile to have a
> look at other installations.
>
> -John

Ubuntu 12 is probably using 'upstart' to mount those file systems, it's
much the same for Fedora and 'systemd'.

I remember a statement from a RedHat dev that the plan is for only real
file systems to be listed under 'fstab' and the rest (proc, sys, dev,
run) will be handled by 'systemd'. I assume Ubuntu is taking the same
path.