[lfs-dev] #3172: Glibc bug

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 18:16:09 PDT 2012

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 05:43:21PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>
>> Reading the Fedora messages was interesting.  I went ahead and added the
>> patch.  Looking at the book's change log, we've made 5 changes since
>> -rc1.  The most significant were today with changes in glibc, but
>> standing back and looking at all the changes together, I'm not sure if
>> they rise to the level of needing a -rc2 release.
>>
>> What do you think?  Do we need -rc2?
>>
>   Not sure - I'm not up to date with the details of what has changed.

It's in the change log:

[ken] - Remove redundant sed from automake.

me - Apply upstream patches to make.
      Install both .tab files from tzdata.
      Add instructions to Chapter 5 glibc to add rpc headers
      Add patch to fix glibc (Chapter 6)

I think it's fairly unlikely that you would run into any of these issues.

>   I haven't finished my current build, so a second rc makes no
> difference to what I can test at the moment.  I've no idea how much
> testing has gone on: I know Armin has done a lot, I've built half my
> normal desktop, Jasmine has built something and explored using it to
> build itself, you've built something, and at least one person on irc
> has built, or is building, it.
>
>   My overall view is that there is no rush - it's only about 4 days
> since rc1.

LOL.  It just seems like a long time.

   -- Bruce