[lfs-dev] #3172: Glibc bug

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 27 16:47:13 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 05:43:21PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Reading the Fedora messages was interesting.  I went ahead and added the
> patch.  Looking at the book's change log, we've made 5 changes since
> -rc1.  The most significant were today with changes in glibc, but
> standing back and looking at all the changes together, I'm not sure if
> they rise to the level of needing a -rc2 release.
>
> What do you think?  Do we need -rc2?

 Not sure - I'm not up to date with the details of what has changed.

 I haven't finished my current build, so a second rc makes no
difference to what I can test at the moment.  I've no idea how much
testing has gone on: I know Armin has done a lot, I've built half my
normal desktop, Jasmine has built something and explored using it to
build itself, you've built something, and at least one person on irc
has built, or is building, it.

 My overall view is that there is no rush - it's only about 4 days
since rc1.

ĸen