[lfs-dev] Possible problem with current glibc (LFS 7.2 cant recompile LFS 7.2)

Jasmine Iwanek jasmine at iwanek.co.uk
Sat Aug 25 14:33:08 PDT 2012

On 2012-08-25 22:14, Jasmine Iwanek wrote:

> LFS-7.2 Host, no rpcnis-headers.tar.bz2, no libtirpc (LFS from LFS,
> No
> BLFS stuff at all)
>
> --
> Jasmine Iwanek

Tried --enable-obsolete-rpc, makes no difference in ch5, adding it in
ch6 will solve the problem compiling ch5-glibc sure, but shouldn't we
just FIX ch5 in the first place?

Adding sed -i 's/<rpc\/types.h>/"rpc\/types.h"/' sunrpc/rpc_clntout.c
to the ch5-glibc instructions works by the way.

I'll let you know about ch6-glibc when I get back to it.

I am however a bit concerned with your inferred advice, the message
subject contained "LFS 7.2 cant recompile LFS 7.2" not "LFS 7.1 cant
compile LFS 7.2" or "LFS 7.2 with bits from BLFS and/or rpc stuff added
which wasn't mentioned in the book cant compile LFS 7.2" I'd already
included the error in the original post too.

Have you been burning the candle at both ends Bruce? I've noticed
you've been a bit shorter recently.

--
Jasmine Iwanek