[lfs-dev] Proposed package freeze

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 21 12:55:30 PDT 2012


On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:13:45PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I am proposing that we freeze LFS for 7.2 with the packages we now have 
> in svn.  There is one outstanding ticket to address glibc issues, but 
> that does not require a package change.
> 
> Util-linux may come out with a new release in the next week or so, but I 
> think we can hold off on that until after 7.2 is released.
> 
> The tests in chapter 6 look pretty clean to me.
> 
> We can release 7.2-rc1 as soon as we resolve the glibc issues, probably 
> tomorrow.  I would like to then release 7.2-stable around the first of 
> September.
> 
> Thoughts?
> 
>    -- Bruce

 I'd like to get tzdata separated - I was holding fire on that until
I heard feedback to your suggestion of just creating a directory.

 I'd also like to add the ru_RU.UTF-8 locale for sed, with the patch
to stop the tests failing if that is present [ instead of XFAIL when
the locale is not present ].

 The only other thing in LFS itself is the flex patch to fix the
testsuite for recent bison - I *think* you added that ?

 Unfortunately, my current desktop build is stuck at gudev [ just
raised on -support ] : might be specific to me, like the automake
tests.  I've also got a kernel problem (mentioned there) which means
I'm not willing to use my kvm switch while this box is running, and
I'd *really* like to investigate that (3.5.0 was great, this is
3.5.2).

ĸen
-- 
das eine Mal als Tragödie, das andere Mal als Farce



More information about the lfs-dev mailing list