[lfs-dev] Proposed package freeze

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 10:13:45 PDT 2012

I am proposing that we freeze LFS for 7.2 with the packages we now have
in svn.  There is one outstanding ticket to address glibc issues, but
that does not require a package change.

Util-linux may come out with a new release in the next week or so, but I
think we can hold off on that until after 7.2 is released.

The tests in chapter 6 look pretty clean to me.

We can release 7.2-rc1 as soon as we resolve the glibc issues, probably
tomorrow.  I would like to then release 7.2-stable around the first of
September.

Thoughts?

   -- Bruce