[lfs-dev] Glibc-2.16.0 [ test-installation.pl ]

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 20 09:33:21 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 07:07:23PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> >>   I think that means our build process is no longer adequate for this
> >> version of glibc.
>
> That's overstating things a bit.  I'm looking at how soversions.mk is
> generated.  There are several possibilities, scripts/soversions.awk,
> glibc-build/soversions.i, configure, and Makeconfig.  I'll keep looking
> and let you know what's going on.
>
>    -- Bruce

 Yes, I now agree I was overstating it.  I looked at fedora - they
install with:

make install_root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install

and using install_root causes test-installation.pl to be ignored.
I guess it's just a hangover from the days when updating glibc was
shrouded in mystery.

 Unless something comes back from bug 14476, I'm happy to do without
test-installation.pl.

ĸen