[lfs-dev] tzdata

g.esp at free.fr g.esp at free.fr
Fri Aug 17 22:34:04 PDT 2012



----- Mail original -----
> De: "Ken Moffat" <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com>
> À: "LFS Developers Mailinglist" <lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Envoyé: Samedi 18 Août 2012 05:08:05
> Objet: Re: [lfs-dev] tzdata
> 
..
> 
> sed : I've got to revisit this, my results don't make sense.  The
> tests use the ru_RU.UTF-8 setting to test manipulations of 'да д'
> (da d in cyrillic letters).  When I firest *re*ran this, the output
> was garbage: ÿÿа ÿÿ, but after stepping through the first test
> trying various things including editing the Makefile.tests, and then
> reverting that, it seemed to work.  For those who haven't seen this,
> it's all four utf8-{1..4} tests, and they have been failing for some
> time in my builds.  NB - not related to tzdata!  I'll probably defer
> further review until the tzdata is sorted.
> 
I am with glibc-2.11 with chroot /etc/localtime as a copy of real /etc/localtime.

I don't see test failures in sed.
The 4 utf8 test report error 1 and XFAIL : utf8-x, so my understanding is that is intended they fail
All 65 tests behaved as expected (4 expected failures)

> e2fsprogs-1.42.5 - the 9 failures remain.
no test error
124 tests succeeded	0 tests failed
> 
> coreutils-8.17 - the 2 failures have gone.  They were
>  test-getlogin - insufficient ACL support
>  test-parse-datetime - assertion failed
> 
with istty test hacked
Testsuite summary for GNU coreutils 8.17
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 24
# PASS:  15
# SKIP:  9
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
Testsuite summary for GNU coreutils 8.17
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 483
# PASS:  422
# SKIP:  61
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
Testsuite summary for GNU coreutils 8.17
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 316
# PASS:  294
# SKIP:  22
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
>   Either removing a (possibly wrong) /etc/localtime did the trick, or
> else something I built later fixed coreutils.
> 
> perl-5.16.1 - again, the 2 failures have gone.
>  cpan/IO-Compress/t/105oneshot-zip-only
>  cpan/Time-Local/t/Local
>  (they were originally both 1 second different from the expected
>  results)  Same conclusion as coreutils.
> 
not using that perl version

> automake-1.12.2 - I delayed this until last, and it's still running.
>  NB - 91 failures, I don't expect tz issues to be behind all of
> them, but I normally blow away the build when the package has been
> installed, so I've no idea what is going on until I've rerun it.
>
Testsuite summary for GNU Automake 1.12.2
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 2852
# PASS:  2640
# SKIP:  172
# XFAIL: 40
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
 
> flex-2.5.37 - still the 2 failures, they don't seem to be related to
> date/time consideration : test-bison-yyl{loc,val}.  Again, I'll
> probably defer these until the tzdata is a bit clearer.
>
This is a bison-2.6 issue fixed by
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/flex.git/plain/flex-2.5.36-bison-2.6.1.patch

 
> patch-2.6.1 - again, the failure has gone
>  patch --backup --set-utc 1
>  like the perl, that was 1 second different when I first ran it.
> 
For me
All tests succeeded!

Gilles



More information about the lfs-dev mailing list