RFC: Fixing udev_retry

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 08:54:08 PDT 2011

Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Matthew Burgess wrote:

>>> I'd prefer to do that in this change.  As you mention in the patch,
>>> this won't work with the current version of Udev in the book, so we
>>> may as well get rid.

OK, I committed the patch with a few minor changes.  Mostly formatting
and date changes.

One minor thing to consider that I didn't change:  If we change the
config file to use a variable, then the configuration could be
optionally placed in the rc.site file.  For example:

UDEV_RETRY="rtc"
UDEV_RETRY="$UDEV_RETRY alsa"

or just

UDEV_RETRY="rtc alsa"

The script then would need to change to:

[ -r /etc/sysconfig/udev_retry ] && . /etc/sysconfig/udev_retry
if [ -z "${UDEV_RETRY}" ]; then exit 0; fi

for subsystem in $UDEV_RETRY; do
    /sbin/udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=$subsystem --action=add
done

   -- Bruce