Various Texinfo fixes
ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 1 15:31:00 PDT 2011
On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 05:12:29PM -0500, William Immendorf wrote:
> I've noticed that Texinfo has not been updated very much at all as far
> as the tarballs go. Well, there are quite a few issues so far, the
> most annoying one is that info just shows a blank screen for the file
> list, which you really can't do anything with. Well, I have compiled a
> list of fixes, mostly from Fedora, that fix some issues with Texinfo,
> including the blank info screen problem I mentioned eariler. The patch
> is attached, please give me feedback on it.
Can you be more specific about this 'most annoying' problem, please
? I haven't built a new system recently, but the system I'm using
at the moment [ 20101229 with newer groff and xz-utils ] shows the
following in 'info' on my completed system -
* Cpio: (cpio). Copy-in-copy-out archiver to tape or
* Tar: (tar). Making tape (or disk) archives.
* Bash: (bash). The GNU Bourne-Again SHell.
* Common options: (inetutils)Common options.
* Ed: (ed). The GNU line editor
* Inetutils: (inetutils). GNU networking utilities.
* Coreutils: (coreutils). Core GNU (file, text, shell)
* Date input formats: (coreutils)Date input formats.
* File permissions: (coreutils)File permissions.
* Finding files: (find). Operating on files matching certain
* autosprintf: (autosprintf). Support for printf format strings in
* Gzip: (gzip). General (de)compression of files
* Com_err: (com_err). A Common Error Description Library
* for UNIX.
(and so forth).
Is this, perhaps, a problem with a newer version of something else,
e.g. gcc-4.6 ? Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "file
das eine Mal als Tragödie, das andere Mal als Farce
More information about the lfs-dev