grub dependencies

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 09:07:58 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we add yet another package to LFS or skip the section on backups in
> Section 8.4?
We should add Xorriso, but only to BLFS (under CD/DVD Writing Tools),
and make a link on the backup page to that package. One other change
we should make: Make a rescue CD instead of a rescue floppy disk.
Reason? Floppies are SO out of fashion these days, and most computers
these days don't even have a floppy drive. I would modify the
instructions to create a CD image and use Xorriso to burn it.
> There are other problems with grub.  grub-probe is not working properly
> and that causes the configuration to fail.  I'm inquiring upstream about
> that.
I've been running in to that on some of my builds using Aptosid/Sidux
2010-02, with various development versions. I don't really remember my
past builds too much, so I just forget them and move on.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.

and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman

--
Are you a Gmail user? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?31450.