svn bootscript regression

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 7 21:20:00 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 06:32:56PM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:
> It was done intentionally. I was not aware that anyone had ever used a
> file named ifconfig.interface and this was not documented anywhere. I
> removed it because it simply because it was one more test case in ifup
> and ifdown. I could certainly put it back.

The file feature was added because 99% of the cases you are setting up
one IP for one interface. Redhat was likely an inspiration for it since
it is very similar to theirs, but it has been so long ago I can't
remember what exactly we were thinking. :) The directory feature is
actually the corner case for specifying multiple configurations for a
single interface.

--
Archaic