"unknown HZ value" message still appears in procps utils

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 7 18:46:00 PDT 2011

On 06/07/2011 05:42 AM, Gilles Espinasse wrote:

> the upstream code does not use the changes in
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/lfs/development/procps-3.2.8-fix_HZ_errors-1.patch
> only the __attribute__((constructor)) fix
> http://procps.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/procps/procps/proc/

Actually, LFS should probably take into consideration the the
Debian/Fedora/openSUSE fork once a stable release is made.
http://gitorious.org/procps Many, many more fixes in there...was some
talk of procp-ng. There were a couple of interesting items in there last
time I looked, but I do not recall specifics. Not really sure why
gitorious was chosen over alioth for project home either...curious.

-- DJ Lucas